Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Blog Hop...tag...I'm it!!


My friend, and author of the blog www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com, Sylvia Ney recently asked me to participate in a blog hop. I’m answering the four questions below then tagging another blogger / writer friend to keep this going.



Q. What are you working on?

Oh good grief, I STAY busy. In addition to this blog piece, I’m editing ANOTHER blog piece to be posted soon. Just finished a novel edit for another writer. Started another screenplay. Submitted some poetry to publications, am working on a grant PLUS putting the final touches on a feature / profile for an international publication. So…I’m very busy. And, just today, I submitted a piece on editing to another writer friend’s blog.

Q. How does your work differ from others of its genre?

Since I’m all over the map with my work, I have no genre or specific category of work. I write and publish it all: blog posts, poetry, short stories, fiction, nonfiction, flash fiction, brochures, pamphlets, press releases, and most recently put together a portfolio for someone. However, if any of my writings ever touch someone, then I'm elated. Or, if I can help just one writer in the editing process to produce better work, then I'm just as happy. I am also confident in my individuality. That I don't fit in the cookie-cutter mold, that I'm different...just wish more people were secure in his/her oddness!

Q. Why do you write what you do?

I write what I do because I HAVE to. Every since I was a teenager, I have had an overwhelming desire to put words on papers, whether they turn out to be a story, a poem, an advertising brochure, or even a full-length screenplay, it doesn't matter. My mind never seems to shut off. See next question!!

Q. How does your writing process work?

I have no process. Inspiration comes at random and odd moments. Some days I’m very productive at writing pages upon pages of material. Other times, I may wake up at 3:00 in the morning and write out a poem on a pad which I keep next to my bed. I don’t have a set schedule to write. I work full time and squeeze my writing in when I can. My writing is like Cinderella, the mistreated step-child. Sometimes it’s very overwhelming but I do it because I have no choice.

Now, I'd like to pass these questions to award-winning mystery writer, and my friend Linda Todd, who blogs at "The Incurable Itch of LF Todd" here:  http://lindaheberttodd.blogspot.com/

Look for her answers soon!


8 comments:

  1. Greats answers, Sherry. You remain an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks! I like to think we're all spending time and fighting over seats on the "Crazy Train!" HAHA!!

      Delete
  2. Good answers! Do what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Jan! Every process is as different as every writer.

      Delete
  3. Interesting. Love that you compare your writing to Cinderella. I can identify with that. :) Your guest post is up at http://realwriter.blogspot.com/2014/05/meet-sherry-perkins.html. Thanks for being my guest blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and one day my writing will find her "Prince Charming!" Ha Ha. Thank you for having me on your blog!

      Delete
  4. Great post, Sherry. I hope I can find someone to tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ms Linda. Look forward to your answers.

      Delete